Join us on Wednesday June 23 from 5pm for the eleventh Annual General Meeting of NZRise.
We have a great speaker coming along this year, Wayne Yarr who will talk to us about how kiwi companies can succeed overseas, his experiences as CEO of multi-nationals and now of Silverstripe one of our larger NZRise member companies.
Wayne joined Silverstripe as their CEO in 2021 to take on the opportunity to lead teams of determined people who are driven to create compelling experiences online that improve peoples’ lives. At the core of his role at Silverstripe, he’s helping the company become a Kiwi success known for enabling human experiences in digital organisations.
The contributions Wayne has made to the tech space globally have seen him take on senior leadership roles at Dimension Data and NTT over the last 13 years. During his time at NTT in 2020, he developed go-to-market partnerships with Deloitte, PWC, EY, Accenture and NTTData, in the UK, Europe, Americas, APAC and Australia, focusing on digital transformation initiatives to achieve real growth.
With Wayne’s knowledge and experience across the digital market globally, it’s given him the ability to successfully transform companies with innovation and growth. At the centre of that success is leading with diversity of thought and background, every step of the way.
- Victoria is stepping down as Co-Chair after 6 years in the role
- Fiona Reid has been nominated as the new Co-Chair
- Breccan’s term is up and he is seeking re-election (currently unopposed)
Board role update
- The Treasurer role will be migrated to being the responsibility of the Co-Chairs, supported by the Community Manager
- A new Government Relations role has been established, which is how Vic will continue to be involved
- Rahul Watson Govindan is stepping aside
- Don Christie and Breccan are both standing for re-election
This means that we have one vacant position. Time committment is roughly 8 hours per month, primarily in supporting th Co-Chairs in developing comments, positions and strategies and leads to many great networking opportunities. Please consider how you too could get involved in our kaupapa.
Join us at the AGM
Come along (either in person or remotely) to join the NZRise community at the AGM and to share a drink with Victoria to thank her for the last 6 years as Co-Chair.
5pm, Wednesday 23rd June 2021
Catalyst IT, 150 Willis St, Wellington
or via BigBlueButton link in the calendar invite.