NZTech, in partnership with the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE), is developing an Industry Transformation Plan (ITP) for the digital technologies sector. The creation of ITPs was a key action that came out of Government’s Industry Strategy launched on 2 July, and will contribute to Government’s vision for a more productive, sustainable and inclusive economy. The ITP will set out an agreed long-term vision for the digital technologies sector, and a joint government-industry action plan for how to achieve this vision.
Six workshops are being run around the country in late November – early December, to gather input on what the long-term vision for the digital technologies sector should look like, and to understand what the major challenges and opportunities faced by the sector are, to inform the development of an action plan.
These sessions will be an opportunity to provide your perspectives and input to the development of this long term plan for the digital technologies sector. Graeme Muller from NZTech will also provide an update on NZTech’s recent activities.
The details of the sessions are:
• Auckland: Tuesday 26 November, 8.30am – 12pm, Westpac, 16 Takutai Square.
• Wellington: Thursday 28 November, 1 – 5pm, IT Professionals, Level 24 Plimmer Tower.
• Dunedin: Monday 2 December, 1 – 5pm, SIGNAL ICT Graduate School, Level 2, 123 Vogel St.
• Christchurch: Wednesday 4 December, 1 – 5pm, ChristchurchNZ, Level 3, 101 Cashel St.
• Tauranga: 9 December, 1 – 5pm, Basestation, 148 Durham St.
• Hamilton: Tuesday 10 December, 8.30am – 12.30pm, location to be confirmed.
If you want to attend please RSVP to [email protected]